Students of the program get all necessary competencies for organizing the management of all elements of the system of public authorities and municipal authorities, as well as institutions and organizations involved in implementing certain functions of these bodies. In the course of training, students’ state mentality is formed, that is based on the priority of achieving the strategic goals of long-term development of the country, protection of the national interests of the state, improving the quality of citizens’ lives, and unconditional observance of laws.
The program is unique because the educational process focuses on the practical experience of the students. The work on both course and final project (final qualification work) is based on the professional activity of the students, taking into account their individual experience and real problems, that they face in their official work and requiring the solution. This allows the students to rethink the existing experience at a new theoretical level, based on additional knowledge gained during the study.
Advantages of studying at IPACS (MPA program):
- You get the diploma of the largest universities in Russia – RANEPA (Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration) with the qualification of Master of Public Administration (MPA) – specialist in state and municipal management.
- Your key professional competences of organizational and management skills, that are necessary for job promotion in the sphere of state and municipal management will be developed.
- You become acquainted with like-minded people and future colleagues.
- You expand your sphere of business communication.
The Scientific and Educational Center of the MRA programs of IPACS has gained the longest experience of preparation and implementation of the MRA program in Russia:
- The Institute’s experts participated in the development of State requirements for the MPA program.
- In 2013 IIPACS RANEPA became the first Russian member of the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA). NASPAA is the world’s oldest Association and a recognized leader in the accreditation of master’s programs in the field of state and municipal management. NASPAA is widely recognized as the standard of education in the sphere of civil service.
- MPA IPACS is the member of the Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe (NISPAcee).
- First enrolment for the MPA program in IIPACS took place in 2009.
- In 2017, the 7th graduation of students took place.
Teaching staff: 98% of lecturers have academic degrees (22 doctors and 31 candidates of science), including practice-consultants, acting heads of departments of the Government of the Russian Federation, Vnesheconombank, the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, Ministry of economic development, ministries, agencies, large businesses with experience in public and municipal service.
The purpose of the MPA program is to prepare highly qualified specialists in the sphere of state and municipal management and public policy, with modern knowledge and skills, specialists who can provide effective functioning of public institutions, state and municipal authorities, state institutions, municipal enterprises, non-profit and other organizations.
The mission of the program: To form a new generation of state and municipal officials that have ability to ensure the country’s sustainable development in the interests of its citizens